El entrenamiento de balance, propriocepción y coordinación es vital y altamente efectivo en reducir el riesgo de sufrir esguinces del tobillo y del ACL.
Proprioception is a broad concept that includes balance and postural control with visual and vestibular contributions, joint kinesthesia, position sense, and muscle reaction time. Proprioceptive feedback is crucial in the conscious and unconscious awareness of a joint or limb in motion. Enhancement of functional joint stability by proprioceptive (or neuromuscular) training is important both in prevention and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
Ergen E., Ulkar B. Clinics in Sports Medicine, 2008 vol:27 iss:1 pg:195 -217
Algunos ejercicios que mezclaremos en nuestro entrenamiento, además de los plyometrics y ejercicios de agilidad, son:
- Single leg balancing: Stand on one foot with knee slightly bent. Balance for 1 minute. Switch legs. 1 min/leg
- Single leg ground reaches: Stand on one foot with knee slightly bent and the opposite leg bent backwards. Aim at a point on the ground 2 feet in front of you. With your same-side arm extended, bend at the waist and barely touch the ground with your fingers. Pull back up and repeat. 2×10/15 leg
- Single leg side reaches: Stand on one foot with knee slightly bent and the opposite leg bent backwards and arms extended out. Bend at the waist to one side and reach down and out. Pull back. Bend to the other side. 2×10-15/leg
- Single leg half squat holds: Squat down to above parallel. Lift right leg forward. Hold position for 30 secs. Switch legs. 30 secs/leg
- Single leg frontal disc tossing: Two partners stand on one foot, with knees slightly bent, facing each other 5-8 feet apart. Soft toss disc to each other while balancing on one leg. Slightly change direction of throws as drill progresses. 1 min/leg.
- Single leg side disc tossing: Two partners stand on one foot, with knees slightly bent, 5 feet apart adjacent to each other, but facing the same way. Soft toss disc to each other while balancing on one leg. 1 min/leg.
- Single leg hip-twist hops: Stand on one foot with knee slightly bent. Hop on one leg while rotating your leg during each hop so that your foot lands pointing out on one hop and pointing in on the next one. 20-30/leg. http://youtube.com/watch?v=hqac13-LiQw