Ejercicios de agilidad:
- Shuttle runs in pairs:
- Marcar la yarda 0, 20 y 40
- Los jugadores se colocan en pares, frente a frente, en la yarda 20
- Cuando den la señal, los jugadores corren en sprint hasta la yarda 40, luego corren en sprint hasta la yarda 0, y de allí corren en sprint hasta la yarda 20 y terminan
- Squirms drill:
- 180 Squirms: Space 5 cones 10 yard apart each. Athletes lined up side by side at the first cone take off together, backpedaling to the second cone, then turning 180 degrees (squirming) to the right and sprinting to the third cone. At the third cone, turn 180 degrees (squirming) to the left and backpedal to the fourth cone. At fourth cone turn 180 degrees, then sprint through the final cone.
- 360 Squirms: Space 5 cones 10 yard apart. Athletes lined up side by side at the first cone take off together, sprinting to the second cone, then turning 360 degrees (squirming) clockwise while still running until they reach the third cone, then turning 360 degrees (squirming) counterclockwise while still running until they reach the fourth cone, then sprinting to the final cone.
- Side Shuffle Squirms: Athletes begin drill in a sideways suffle (right shoulder leading) and at second cone turn 90 degrees (quarter squirm) to the right and sprint straight ahead to third cone, turn 90 degrees to the right again, returning to a now left shoulder-leading side shuffle; at fourth cone, squirm 90 degrees, this time to the left, and sprint through fifth cone.
- T Drill: Set up 3 cones in a horizontal line with 5 yds in between them. Set up a 4th cone 5 yds from the middle cone (resembling a T). Athlete begins at bottom cone and sprints to middle cone, touching it with one hand; as soon as he/she reaches the cone, the athlete side shuffles towards the right cone, touching it with the right hand; inmediately, the athlete side shuffles all the way towards left cone, touching it with left hand; inmediately, athlete turns and sprints towards middle cone, cuts around it and sprints towards and through bottom cone. http://youtube.com/watch?v=tnx8-hRzBYQ
- Cross Drill: Set up 4 cones in a diamond shape. One athlete stands in the middle and starts doing quick feet, while the other one stands behind the front cone with a disc on his hand. Person with disc mimics throwing motion: if backhand, athlete in the middle side shuffles to the right and touches cone with right hand; if forehand, athlete side shuffles to the left and touches cone with left hand; if hammer, athlete backpedals and touches back cone; if dump, athlete sprints forward and touches cone. Afer touching a cone, athlete returns to the middle and resumes quick feet until next throwing motion. http://youtube.com/watch?v=uLap3igsfkc